We all fell back to sleep until 5:10 am when I heard an excited squeal from the bottom of my bed, I looked up to see a toothless grin spread from ear to ear on Kira's face. She skipped around the bed and said, "Mom the tooth fairy left two dollars, can I turn on the light?"
"Oh, how exciting! But no you can't turn on the light, I'm still sleeping." I said.
"But mom," Kira continued. "What if it's 2 ten dollars?"
"Well that would be a Christmas miracle wouldn't it." I retorted. "Trust me it's only 2 one dollar bills, the tooth fairy couldn't afford to give every one 20 bucks for their teeth."
I tried uselessly for the next several minutes to get her to go back to bed to no avail. She eventually ended up on the couch playing her Nintendo for an hour. Then she climbed into bed with me around 6 or so and went back to sleep. Hurray!
This is a picture of Kira doing her own hair for the first time. She also picked out her own outfit. It's so sad, my baby Kira is growing up right before my eyes!




8 comments:
We all have to grow up. It is sad for Mom's to see their babies get older. I remember when I lost my first tooth. I must have been about 5. I was over to a friends house and bit down into an apple.My tooth came right out. I ran home crying my eyes out. I thought I was going to die. My mom reassured me that I wouldn't die. I don't remember if I took the tooth home with me but I'm sure the tooth fairy must have came and I didn't get dollar bills.
LOL.....
She's been wiggling that tooth for months. She was so excited yesterday when it came out!
Happy losing your first tooth day Kira. Nice Hair Do--you are growing up so fast. Luv grandma kelley
How exciting! Lexi can't wait to lose a tooth. Lots of kids in her class have and she wants to also.
She is such a crack up. She reminds me of Donkey on Shrek--"Donkeys aren't like ogres, they wear their emotions right out there on their sleeves!"
Anyway, I don't think I've ever met anyone that is as animated as she is. I love it! Great Story.
What happened to ten cents? The tooth fairy is going to be broke! I enjoyed the story. That first tooth is a big deal. It was for me and it was for my kids. Heidi, maybe your mother remembers this, but there were a couple of years when we we young and losing our teeth. We put our tooth under our pillows and would wake to ten cents, maybe a quarter. We knew there was a tooth fairy.. yes, we knew it. We would spend hours in the barnyard searching for fairy dust and clues that she had been here. There is something to be said about magic and believing in such things. I still enjoy the magic of it and always will.
Congrats Kira! Too bad your great-great grandma Bates isn't around. She would have been begging to pull it!
Kira looks so much like you. Fun times!
Oh I have to say I love your background paper. Where did you get it?
Post a Comment