Friday, January 30, 2009

Ambition

It has been a month of low ambition at my house. It's not that I didn't have a lot to do, like clean my house bathe my children, help kira with school projects and plenty of primary activities. But after the last 4 crazy filled months in my life I had a winter low and all I really accomplished was reading 10 books since January first. Some were good, some were great, and one or two weren't even worth mentioning.
But other than books taking me away to a nice little imaginary world where everyone's problems are solved in under 500 pages I did get a few things done. I planned and ran a Mom's and Son's game night with our PTA that included delightful games such as; Butt charades, spew and rubber chicken, among others. It turned out to be really fun in the end!
Now I have to help plan a Daddy Daughter night. We were going to have a dance for them with games while they danced so if anyone has any ideas please let me know!

8 comments:

a-anderson said...

What is you calling? Reading 10 books in one month that is good for me in a year!!!

Nat said...

I wish all my problems could be solved in 500 pages or less...

With all of your creative PTA games, I sense a scout calling in the future! ;)

...or Activity Days :)

kelley said...

Heidi is in the primary presidency and does achievment days as well. She is very good at it. Heidi knows how to throw a great party! She's super involved in the PTA and her fellow moms are pushing her towards being the president. Lucky her she's on the election committe and so she can't elect herself. Way to go Heidi I'm one proud mama!

kelley said...

P.S. Your font color is still hard to read, I'd go a little darker

Rachel said...

It's good to hear from you! you should be proud of your 10 books in the month of January. Im lucky to get a 1/4 of that in a year! You are a very busy person. So if you have time, can you email me so ideas to put in my flower beds this summer? I am in awe of your flower beds. You do an awesome job. As for me I have absoluelty no idea what to do. And yay for us we did curbing all the way around our house. What was I thinking!!!! Now I have to figure out what to put in there. So any tips will be greatly appreciated!

KT said...

Welcome back. I'm sure your girls have enjoyed having you home too. Well, I guess it's right back too it with Valentine's Day right around the corner. no more time off for you!

kelley said...

Your new background is much better, I love the pink and brown

Kelsey said...

10 books in a montth! Well it takes me a whole year to read one.